Some designers focus on trendy techniques or cool animations without considering the negative effect it has on the usability and the performance of the web site. As a designer, I want to show off my skills. As one who peruses the Internet, I regularly see bothersome techniques (annoying popups, autoplay videos, detailed forms, and needless complex animations) that I try to avoid in my designs. I focus on practicality and the user experience. Since 2011, I have developed sleek modern web sites while continuing to learn the latest design techniques to yield attractive, responsive, and comprehensible sites.
I wish to transition from construction to web design front-end web development.
I am a confident and creative designer who is self-motivated, self-sufficient, and detail-oriented. I bring to the table proficient managerial, mechanical, and computer skills as well as an old fashioned work ethic.
Get In Touch
Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.Steve Jobs
- Over 20 years in restaurant management with Burger King, Dairy Queen, and Chuck E Cheese.
- Over 10 years in construction as a skilled carpenter. View photos of my work.
- Custom web design since 2011. View my portfolio.
- Volunteered my expertise on committees for Dairy Queen, Children's Miracle Network, and the Exeter Township 250th Anniversary.
- Volunteer for Berks County Genealogical Society and Schuylkill County Motorcycle Club.
- Attained AAIT degree from University of Phoenix.
- Studied Business Administration at Penn State.
- Studied Computer Science at Indiana University of PA.
- Continue online classes at Udemy , Learnable , and Adobe Train Simple .
- Read and/or purchased a host of books about web design to enhance my self-taught skills.
- Peruse the Internet for useful snippets and tutorials to add to my library.
Web Design Skills
HTML / CSS / Bootstrap
jQuery & Dreamweaver
Photoshop & Illustrator
PHP & WordPress
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to be a contributing team player.
- Initiative to accomplish tasks with little or no supervision.
- Skills to organize tasks and plan my time efficiently.
- Mathematically & mechanically inclined.
- A fresh perspective on web site structure, functionality, and usability.